meta-security and DISTRO_FEATURES

Bills, Jason M jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com
Sat Aug 7 01:32:45 AEST 2021

Hi All,

I am getting a warning about meta-security when building:
WARNING: You have included the meta-security layer, but 'security' has
not been enabled in your DISTRO_FEATURES. Some bbappend files and
preferred version setting may not take effect. See the meta-security
README for details on enabling security support.

I checked in the README and it recommends adding 'DISTRO_FEATURES_append
= " security"' to a config file to enable all the security features.

I did a quick grep on our layers and don't see that added anywhere.
Does anyone know if this is something that we need or want to enable?
If so, should we enable it in a common layer or will each individual
layer decide whether to enable it?

Thanks!
-Jason