Question about NVMe MCTP in dbus-sensors

Jeremy Kerr jk at codeconstruct.com.au
Fri Aug 6 19:46:40 AEST 2021

Hi Heyi,

> BTW, when will MCTP be ready in openbmc mainline, including SMBus
> binding and PCIe binding? Do you have any plan in the future openbmc
> release?

We're mostly working on the generic infrastructure components at the
moment; those are based on their relevant upstream projects rather than
as parts of OpenBMC specifically. However, the upstream work is going
well, and the OpenBMC integration shouldn't be too difficult there;
we'll get that done as necessary.

As for interfaces: I currently have i2c and serial transports working,
but have no specific plans for PCIe - no hardware to test on. If this
is something you'd be interested in working on yourself, I can provide
some pointers.

Regards,

Jeremy