Aspeed BMCs using KCS?

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Wed Aug 4 07:37:14 AEST 2021

On Tue, Aug 03, 2021 at 01:15:20PM -0700, Patrick Venture wrote:
> Patrick et al;
>
> As you may know, my team is working on enabling lots of stuff with Qemu and
> we dont' have any platforms using KCS with aspeed.  However, we wanted to
> enable this testing because we have other KCS configurations.  I wanted to
> ask if you have an openbmc image that uses aspeed kcs?

I thought most x86 machines use KCS, but certainly Tiogapass does.

meta-facebook/conf/machine/include/facebook-withhost.inc:PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/obmc-host-ipmi-hw ?= "phosphor-ipmi-kcs"

A default build of Tiogapass should get you something that attempts to use the
KCS interface.

--
Patrick Williams