x86-power-control for ARM CPU based system.

Mohaimen Alsamarai Mohaimen.Alsamarai at fii-na.com
Fri Apr 30 01:46:35 AEST 2021

Adding openbmc mail list

-----Original Message-----
From: Bills, Jason M <jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 4:08 PM
To: Brandon Ong <Brandon.Ong at fii-na.com>
Cc: Lancelot Kao <lancelot.cy.kao at fii-na.com>; Mohaimen Alsamarai <Mohaimen.Alsamarai at fii-na.com>
Subject: Re: x86-power-control for ARM CPU based system.

Hi Brandon,
On 3/22/2021 3:43 PM, Brandon Ong wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> I am currently working on the implementation of the x86-power-control
> for an ARM CPU based system.
>

> Is there a way to add a compile option to x86-power-control in order
> to change the behavior to support the ARM power control logic if it
> were to be integrated into x86-power-control?
x86-power-control was created to solve specific timing issues with our platforms.  It wasn't designed to be a flexible solution for the community to use.

phosphor-state-manager
(https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-state-manager) is the OpenBMC community power state manager.  It is designed for flexibility in how different systems change power state.

Rather than add build modifications to x86-power-control for your needs, I'd recommend that you look at phosphor-state-manager which was designed to be customizable for different systems.

Thanks,
-Jason