Stop IPMI watchdog timer in x86-power-control

George Hung (洪忠敬) George.Hung at quantatw.com
Wed Apr 28 11:25:35 AEST 2021

Hi,

Currently we met one issue is that our host OS would set ipmi OS watchdog timer (default action is hard reset) to BMC and keep reset the timer in a period of time, but when we power off the system, no one would reset the timer so that BMC reset the system due to watchdog timeout.

My idea to fix this issue is to add to stop watchdog timer before sending power off/cycle request for x86-power-control, but I'm not sure it's a good solution.
If there's any suggestion, please feel free to give me some comments.

Thanks.

Best Regards
George Hung