minimal config and use cases other than general purpose servers?

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Tue Apr 20 23:27:53 AEST 2021

Hi all

OpenBMC build defaults tend to favor a general purpose server.   Most all of
the functions are enabled by default.

However, I know a number of you hack on OpenBMC and work for someone building
OpenBMC with very specific server use cases that are not general purpose
servers.  Do any of you take OpenBMC and then the first thing you do is turn a
bunch of functionality off?  I hope so - if you do, would you be willing to
share your modifications that enable this?  Does anyone have any opinions on
how this should be done?  Sets of distro features tied together with different
distro configurations per use-case?

thx -brad