Question regarding snmp trap

Ratan Gupta ratankgupta31 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 15:25:25 AEST 2021

Hi Mohammed,

There are two steps:
1)
You need to create D-bus monitor rules in phosphor-Dbus-monitor.
Eg:
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-monitor/blob/master/src/example/example.yaml
For IBM systems we defined the YAML like as below where for each critical
event (creation of error log), SNMP trap is being sent.
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-ibm/recipes-phosphor/dbus/events-policy/config.yaml#L129

2) Once you have configured the D-bus-monitor rules then You need to create
the subscription-like below.
busctl call  xyz.openbmc_project.Network.SNMP
/xyz/openbmc_project/network/snmp/manager
xyz.openbmc_project.Network.Client.Create Client sqs "<snmp trap reciever
IP>" <snmp trap listener port >
"xyz.openbmc_project.Network.Client.IPProtocol.IPv4"

Ratan