Read Firmware Versions

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Sep 24 01:35:10 AEST 2020

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 01:34:50PM +0000, Jayashree D wrote:
> Classification: HCL Internal
>
> Thanks Patrick for your response.
>
> In phosphor-bmc-code-mgmt, I am seeing the software image is upgraded and based on the image update, version is updated.
> But in my platform, I have to read firmware versions using oem commands and that version should be displayed under dbus objects.
> Whether phosphor-bmc-code-mgmt repo will be suitable to display the firmware version using dbus objects?

Vijay recently added a simple BIOS flash management to
phosphor-bmc-code-mgmt, but there is also a openpower-pnor-code-mgmt for
the equivalent of BIOS management on openpower systems.  Since your code
update scheme is likely to be specific to your IPMB commands, I don't
know if that would be best in a separate repository or an extension onto
phosphor-bmc-code-mgmt.

Adriana, any opinions?