Naming DBus paths of CPU objects

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Sep 24 01:30:34 AEST 2020

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 01:35:26PM +0300, i.kononenko wrote:

> The CPUSensors takes the DBus configuration object which is defined at the EntityManager.
> This object impls the `xyz.openbmc_project.Configuration.XeonCPU` and `xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Item`.
> The last one adjust `Present` and `PrettyName` properties. So, known that at least, we can adjust Processor's
> schema fields "Status": "Healf" And "State".
>
> Moreover, the CPUSensors using data of `xyz.openbmc_project.Configuration.XeonCPU` retrieve the sensors target values from `hwmon`

Is it possible we could start to get some of these interfaces defined in
phosphor-dbus-interfaces?  There has been some work lately under
Inventory to contain some of the CPU and Thermal properties you
mentioned.

If something really is Xeon specific, I'd prefer we use com.intel.'s
namespace rather than xyz.openbmc_project.

--
Patrick Williams