interest in a minimal image recipe

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Wed Sep 23 05:52:57 AEST 2020

I really like this idea of having minimum feature image, we have to make
sure whatever minimal image it builds it should boot to linux login
prompt.

In my opinion, we should go with minimal image patch which will have
uboot, kernel and basic minimum distro feature (which are must). Then
we can define other features in hierarchy with multiple available
options including dependencies. We should also add a documentation providing
details about each features and its dependencies. Every features should
have compile time dependency flag which needs to be defined if multiple
options available for dependencies or it should select its dependent
feature with only one options available. This way we can rule out of someone
complaining that I added this feature and it is not working.

All features selection has to be provided with brief documentation for
allowing users to choose required feature for their platform.