Chassis reset

Vijay Khemka vijaykhemka at fb.com
Sat Sep 19 05:50:38 AEST 2020

Team,
I am again want to discuss complete system reset. We had discussion in past for this and I implemented this as a chassis instance system_chassis0 and allowed user to initiate PowerCycle which will reset the complete system.
Please help me understand following scenario

  1.  Host reset – resetting host only
  2.  Chassis reset – resetting host and bmc via single command.
  3.  System reset – This is a hard reset of complete system including every device.

Redfish defines only above 2 type and system reset can be covered under chassis reset. As per implementation in x86-power-control, host reset and chassis reset both takes same action like rebooting host only. For system reset it has a separate interface system_chassis0 and PowerCycle command triggers this reset.

Please help me how do I support this system reset in redfish.

Regards
-Vijay