jsnbd: removing dependency of the state_hook

i.kononenko i.kononenko at yadro.com
Wed Sep 16 00:16:53 AEST 2020

Hello,

Jeremy, I'm working on implementing a virtual media device interface type.
Gerrit PRs: https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/q/topic:virtual_media_interface_type.

Actually `jsnbd:nbd-proxy` are depend on a call the `state_hook` which configures usb-gadget and inject the UDC.
By PR
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/meta-bytedance/+/35726
the related feature are moved to the `usb-ctrl` tool and
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/meta-phosphor/+/33492 allows to use `usb-ctrl` in `state_hook` script.

May I kindly ask, can we avoid the call `state_hook` in `nbd-proxy` and move to directly call the `usb-ctrl` from it?
I'd like to make these changes and suggest a patch set.

PS:  I have suggested a patch that adds an interface type to state_hook, but it seems to me that this is the wrong way
(https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/meta-phosphor/+/36471)

--
best,

Igor Kononenko