Read FRU of host through ipmi in Entity manager.

Thomaiyar, Richard Marian richard.marian.thomaiyar at linux.intel.com
Tue Sep 15 03:25:24 AEST 2020

Hi Kumar,

Better to expose IPMI FRU of the host read via IPMB through FRU
Interface (i.e. say xyz.openbmc_project.IPMB.FruDevice daemon, which can
expose all the FRU's read through the same). In this way, current
EntityManager probe will still work. (Note: We can add the support in
FRUDevice if it is IPMB read of raw FRU data, so that conversion code in
FRUDevice can still be used).

Current plan (under discussion - Needs to finalize) to expose the PLDM
FRU in separate daemon under interface
(https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/tree/master/xyz/openbmc_project/Inventory/Source/PLDM)

James, Do you see any issue with this approach / comments ?

Regards,
Richard