Storage inventory on x86

Andrei Kartashev a.kartashev at yadro.com
Fri Sep 11 19:19:22 AEST 2020

Hi,

The question is mainly for Intel guys:
Is there some universal way to build inventory of storage devices
(SATA/SAS/NVMe)?
I found that on wolfpass there is hsbp-manager who responsible for
storage inventory, but if I get it right, there is CPLD on that
backplane, which somehow communicate with drives and can get the basic
information about (model, serial, etc). Can anyone point me what should
we have in our system to implement something like this?
I guess, storage devices are not handled by smbios-mdr daemon, because
of hotswap requirement, and not handled by PECI, because of PECI have
no such commands. Is there any other ways to get drive inventory
(including RAID)?

--
Best regards,
Andrei Kartashev