meta-amd repository

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 09:32:41 AEST 2020

> On Sep 9, 2020, at 12:12 PM, Supreeth Venkatesh <supreeth.venkatesh at amd.com> wrote:
>
> Brad,
> Much appreciated.
>
> A related question:
> I see only the following targets being triggered for CI
> Triggering ci-openbmc » ubuntu,docker-builder,romulus
> Triggering ci-openbmc » ubuntu,docker-builder,zaius
> Triggering ci-openbmc » ubuntu,docker-builder,witherspoon-tacoma
> Triggering ci-openbmc » ubuntu,docker-builder,tiogapass
> Triggering ci-openbmc » ubuntu,docker-builder,witherspoon
> Triggering ci-openbmc » ubuntu,docker-builder,gsj
> Triggering ci-openbmc » ubuntu,docker-builder,palmetto
>
> What is the process to get AMD reference platform added as a target for OpenBMC CI?
> It is **not** required in the short term, but eventually would like to contribute to OpenBMC CI infrastructure in the long run.
> We will be happy to collaborate by means of providing AMD reference platform, help with Jenkins script update, etc.
> Please let me know, how we can help.

Hey Supreeth, I always like to see some interest in CI!

The best way to get a machine on the CI list is to donate a server to be
used as a jenkins build worker :)

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/OpenBMC-Infrastructure-Workgroup#current-infrastructure
covers our current infrastructure.

The goal with CI is to test as much as possible, as quickly as possible. The machines
selected for CI try and cover as many different meta-* layers as possible. So the second
way is to make the argument that your machine and the layers it test would provide
good testing and coverage for the community.

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Adding-a-System-to-Hardware-Continuous-Integration could
also be used as a way to build and test your system via your own CI process and
build machines and then updating the gerrit review with your results.

I do feel like we’ve been looking for a long time for a easy to get and cheap
OpenBMC reference platform that people could utilize for development. Be
great if y’all were working on something like that!

Andrew