Seek feedback: BMC console and debug info

Gunnar Mills gmills at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Sep 8 10:27:32 AEST 2020

On 9/2/2020 9:29 PM, Richard Hanley wrote:
> I've been out of the loop on this for a while. Does anyone know if
> progress has been made on the DumpService in DMTF. I remember there
> were some proposals a while back, but I can't remember where they left
> off.

Dump/Diagnostic Data will be part of the 2020.3 Redfish Release.
2020.3 should be public in the next week or 2.

There isn't a "DumpService" but instead LogService and LogEntry were
enhanced to support Dumps.
The merged pull request can be found at
https://github.com/DMTF/Redfish/pull/3968 (have to be a Redfish member).

It is very similar to the WIP shown below though.

> On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 12:00 PM Bills, Jason M
> <jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com <mailto:jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com>>
> wrote:
>

>     On 8/29/2020 8:53 PM, Zhenfei Tai wrote:
>     > Thanks a lot for the feedback and we're glad that it's something
>     the
>     > community is interested in!
>     > We'll incorporate the advice and improve the patchset.
>     >
>     > Jason - If you have time, could you share the findings of the
>     > "AdditionalDataURI" schema change? I've only managed to find
>     some slides
>     >
>     <https://www.dmtf.org/sites/default/files/Redfish_Diagnostic_Data_Logging_Proposal_05-2020-WIP_0.pdf>
>
>     > from May.
>     Sorry, I don't know much about it besides that the schema change is
>     coming.  I checked on the DMTF website and it doesn't look like
>     the new
>     schema has been posted, yet.

Should be on the DMTF website in the next week or two. :)

Gunnar