What is the purpose of Phosphor Inventory Manager

Brad Chou bradc at hyvedesignsolutions.com
Mon Sep 7 13:37:09 AEST 2020

Hi,
I am doing some study of what Phosphor Inventory Manage does.
After read the README.md and the examples directory, I think it does two things.

  1.  Create/Delete/Update Object or Properties based on some other property changes.
  2.  Create Associations between sensors and it's belonging hardware.

There is no enough example to tell me when should I create/delete/update objects and properties based on other properties.
Is it necessary ?

Also, when I use entity-manager with dbus-sensors to expose my sensors, I found the dbus-sensors create the associations of all sensors for me.
I don't need to write another YAML file in the Phosphor Inventory Manage to generate it.
Does it mean I don't need to use Phosphor Inventory Manage because dbus-sensors already doing the same thing ?

Thanks.