PECI patchset status

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Fri Sep 4 01:27:53 AEST 2020

On Thu, Sep 03, 2020 at 05:57:48AM +0000, Mihm, James wrote:
> Thank you Joel for carrying this patchset, and Intel does have an interest in getting our patchsets upstreamed.
>
> Since Intel has a large set of patches that need to be upstreamed our plan is to fork the kernel in github/intel-bmc and apply the intel patchsets. Upstream recipes can then pull the kernel from the intel fork with the intel patches. Intel will ensure that this fork tracks the openbmc kernel version and maintain the intel patchsets while in the process of getting them upstreamed.

Rather than create a separate fork of the kernel, is there something
that could be done here to have someone from Intel work with Joel on
preparing the patches?  When a new kernel comes out, Joel can ensure it
works on the base AST2xxx system design and before we move all the
systems to it, someone from Intel can rebase the non-upstreamed patches
they are carrying?  This hopefully reduces some of the burden on Joel
and stops us from further fragmenting the community.

--
Patrick Williams