Resolving service name conflicts

Asmitha Karunanithi asmithakarun at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 17:49:29 AEST 2020

Hi Patrick,

Yup, it would be like "ssh-hostname" because there would be service name
conflicts, say if there are 100 systems in the network publishing the
service with the same name, there would be name conflicts for 100 times and
finally, the service would be published as "ssh#101" to the network.

To avoid this, if we append the service name with the hostname which will
be unique, we make sure that the service name would also be unique thus
resolving the service name conflicts.

Example would be:

    <name>ssh-(hostname)</name>
    <service>
    </service>

Else, one other solution would be to push a patch for avahi, to stop
looking for service name conflicts (unique service name).
Your thoughts on the same, Patrick?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Asmitha Karunanithi