Disable specific URLs in bmcweb

Joseph Reynolds jrey at linux.ibm.com
Thu Sep 3 04:02:00 AEST 2020

On 9/2/20 12:46 PM, Ed Tanous wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 9:57 AM Richard Hanley <rhanley at google.com> wrote:
>> Hi Ed,
>>
>> In this particular case, I think Alan is talking about disabling the POST for certain resources, effectively making them readonly. One example I remember talking to him about was disabling the addition of new users via bmcweb.
>>
> Gotcha.
>
> In that particular case, Redfish PrivilegeRegistry schema is probably
> what you're looking for.  To handle that specific case, you would add

Here is an alternate solution: use the administrator account (currently
"root") to create a new user with the Operator role, then use that new
account and discontinue using the Administrator account.  For example
(change the password):

|curl -x POST https://${bmc}/redfish/v1/AccountService/Accounts/ -d
'{"UserName": "joeoperator", "Password": "0penBmc1", "RoleId": "Operator"}'|

- Joseph