eSPI in the OpenBMC

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Wed Sep 2 13:37:31 AEST 2020

Hi Mahesh,

> Do we have the eSPI support in the BMC kernel? We are using
> ASPEED2500 as the BMC.  How do I check?  On the web I found a
> discussion in the year 2018 on the eSPI patch, but I could not find
> the final decision on whether it is included in the OpenBMC or not.
>  I am using the master branch a month old.  Could not find any traces
> of aspeed/espi related source code/patch.

As you've probably seen, there is a prototype driver for the ast2500
eSPI controller around, but it hasn't made it upstream:

https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2018-February/010937.html

In its current state, this seems to work for me, when communicating
with an Intel C6xx PCH. However, there were a few bits of feedback from
the last review, I assume they'd need to be addressed before
upstreaming.

Cheers,

Jeremy