Naming DBus paths of CPU objects

i.kononenko i.kononenko at yadro.com
Tue Sep 1 03:54:18 AEST 2020

Hi,

I'm working on improving of the OpenBMC RedFISH API. In particular, the endpoint of the Processor.
To provide all the properties of the applied RedFISH schema, we need to get from
DBus everything related to the CPU object.
It can be CPU, Sensor CPU temp, Sensors Core CPU, etc.

However, some services have different names for the same physical processor.
In particular it is about `entity-manager`, `dbus-sensros`, `smbios-mdr_v2`.
`Smbios-mdr_v2` (just like `hwmon`) names the processor, indexing
it from 0; in `entity-manager` and `dbus-sensor` indexing starts from 1.

I want to add dbus-associations between all Processor's object,
but for that I think we need to adopt a naming convention for the same DBus objects.

I like to index it from 0, just like doing that the `hwmon`, for example.

--
Best Regards!
Igor Kononenko