bmcweb logging

Ratan Gupta ratagupt at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Oct 30 02:47:04 AEDT 2020

Hi Ed,

I was having issues in getting the logs from bmcweb repo, If I don't
define the compiler flag(BMCWEB_ENABLE_LOGGING) then it doesn't get me
any logs in journal(not even error log) and if I define the compiler
flag then it gets too much debug info.

Seems it happens because we have hardcoded the logelevel  and there is
no way through which we can change except making the change manually in
the following place.

https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/blob/master/http/logging.hpp#L93

Suggestion is we can define another compile time flag for log level and
use that log level at the above line for type of logging , by default
logging should be enabled with error log level.

If there is a need user can play with new compiler flag for more verbose
logging.

Am I missing something in usage of logging infra?

Ratan