Firmware version under IPMB sensors

Ambrozewicz, Adrian adrian.ambrozewicz at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 22 23:18:23 AEDT 2020

It's not clear for me how do you plan to expose this information.
Mentioned dbus-sensors service is mainly focused on exposing Sensor data
compliant with following interface:
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/blob/master/xyz/openbmc_project/Sensor/Value.interface.yaml

Having FW revision exposed through stack 'dbus-sensors-like' is OK, as
you could utilize following stack :
- EntityManager for configuration of monitored components (bus, address etc)
- higher level service dynamically spawning DBus objects with version
information
- expose information in standardized way (probably
https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/blob/master/xyz/openbmc_project/Software/Version.interface.yaml)

Regards,
Adrian