Enable/Disable some sensors when Host On/Off

Thu Ba Nguyen tbnguyen1985 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 10:05:12 AEDT 2020

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 1:32 AM Ed Tanous <ed at tanous.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 11:22 AM Thu Ba Nguyen <tbnguyen1985 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ed Tanous,
> >
> > Thanks for your info,
> > But in your platform we are using phosphor-hwmon to manage sensors.
> > We don't use entity-manager.
> > As I knew we can't use both entity-manager and phosphor-hwmon for one
> project.
>
> Understood.  i was mostly just pointing out that there might be
> logic/implementation details you can pull over into phosphor-hwmon.

 I think adding a "PowerState" configuration in each sensor is a good
solution.
 We can use this configuration to identify the concerning host sensors in
phosphor-hwmon.
 Those sensors will be removed from Dbus when
xyz.openbmc_project.State.Host.HostState is Off.
 And they will be back to Dbus when the host is On.