How to list all sensors through redfish?

Lei Yu yulei.sh at bytedance.com
Tue Oct 13 13:17:43 AEDT 2020

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 9:06 PM Li, Yong B <yong.b.li at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> Based on the current bmcweb implementation:
>
> https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/blob/master/redfish-core/lib/sensors.hpp#L61
>

> The below URL only list these power/current/utilization sensors:
>
> redfish/v1/Chassis/$chassis/Sensors
>

> Just want to know why not list all running sensors? Is it required by redfish spec?
>

> Is there any way to  list all sensors through redfish interface? Like the “ipmitool sensor list” command?

I just saw some discussion in the IRC by GunnarM quoted as:

> /sensors is sensors that aren't in Power/Thermal https://redfishforum.com/thread/190/sensorcollection-contain-all-sensors-chassis
> For 2020.4 this changes, all sensors will be under /sensors with only a link to the Power/Thermal/Fan/Powersupply schemas

But from the Redfish spec it does not say /sensors should exclude the
ones in Power/Thermal, instead /sensors is "the link to the collection
of sensors located in the equipment and sub-components".
So I am expecting that it should contain all the sensors in the system.
In OpenBMC, this could be done by returning all the objects that
implement the xyz.openbmc_project.Sensor.Value interface.

@Ed Tanous @GunnarM Could you kindly provide some comments?

Thanks!

--
BRs,