12v slot AC Support in x86-power-control

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Sat Oct 10 06:48:46 AEDT 2020

On Fri, Oct 09, 2020 at 03:49:55PM +0000, P. Priyatharshan wrote:

> The earlier "power on/off/cycle the computer card" sequence will only handle the computer card portion of the host.
> But the new feature [Slot on/off/cycle] will power cycles the entire card [ BIC + computer card portion + rest of the hardware in twin lake] for each slot.

Got it now.

Take a look at [1].  You should implement the 'chassisN' objects (in
x86-power-control?) to handle the normal power sequence to each of your
compute cards.  I think in your case N = 1:4.  You should also implement
the 'chassis_system0' object, which will be a full power cycle of the
entire system.  Finally, you'll want to implement 'chassis_systemN'
(again N = 1:4) to do the slot-level full power cycle.

1. https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/tree/master/xyz/openbmc_project/State#chassis-system

--
Patrick Williams