12v slot AC Support in x86-power-control

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Wed Oct 7 12:51:03 AEDT 2020

On Tue, Oct 06, 2020 at 04:43:27PM +0000, P. Priyatharshan wrote:
> Hi Vijay,
>
> I am working on a patch to support  12v slot AC cycle in x86-power-control.This can be enabled by configuring slotACPowerName in json config file.Since you are also working on similar kind of feature in x86-power-control, I would like bring up this discussion on mailing list to understand how these two features, and the design you proposed for chassis reset are intended to work together.Kindly go through my design changes below and share your thoughts.

Can you expand on what a "12v slot AC cycle" means?  I can't decipher
it.

Vijay was working on a complete power cycle of the entire server, as if
it were unplugged and plugged back in.  This was done as a different
object (chassis_system0) from the object representing the host (chassis0).

The chassis0 typically models the power rails that drive the host
processor.  The power cycle of those is already the primary feature of
x86-power-control.  Can you expand on what the differences are with the
system you're working on?

--
Patrick Williams