PECI patchset status

Jae Hyun Yoo jae.hyun.yoo at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 7 04:51:54 AEDT 2020

Hi Joel,

On 9/28/2020 10:49 PM, Joel Stanley wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 at 01:20, Mihm, James <james.mihm at intel.com> wrote:
>
>> Would it be acceptable for all of the 84+ Intel patches to reside in the openbmc repo while we work through the upstreaming process?
>> Some of the patches require design changes and will take much longer to upstream.
>
> This is the intent of the openbmc tree. THe patches need to be posted,
> in reviewable series, to be included.
>
> As discussed in this thread regarding the PECI patches, they have been
> around for a long time without submission. They will need to be posted
> upstream again before I put them in the OpenBMC tree.
>
> Early September, when this thread was started, was a great time to
> make the PECI submission in terms of the upstream kernel development
> cycle. The next best time is now.

Thank you for carrying the out-of-tree PECI patch set so far. I really
appreciate it.

I agree with you that the PECI upstreaming should make a progress now
but I'm still in unbalanced task priorities. I'll try to make it done as
soon as possible but it's not available right now.

As James already said, we'll use a forked tree if PECI patches are
dropped off from OpenBMC linux tree v5.9, and it'll not be a permanent
fork but just for a temporary and alternative way to minimize impact of
dropping off the PECI patch set. Thanks for your understanding in
advance.

Best,

Jae