multiple device trees

Alexander Amelkin a.amelkin at yadro.com
Thu Oct 1 05:41:02 AEST 2020

Sorry for necroposting, but this is what we need now.

I did this previously with a non-OpenBMC system. What I did there was:

1. Make u-boot read an i2c-based FRU EEPROM, extract the 'Board Part
Number' field and put it into a variable

2. Have the DTS files match the part numbers

3. Make u-boot `bootcmd` select the DTS based on the defined machine name

It would be nice to have such a feature built into OpenBMC for all
platforms.

Alexander.