Using bios-settings-mgr for setting hypervisor network attributes

Ratan Gupta ratagupt at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Oct 1 01:05:35 AEST 2020

Thanks all for providing the suggestions

Currently Redfish Ethernet interface is not having the concept of
pending and configured values,That means if we use the EthernetInterface
schema, User can only see the configured values, There is no way through
which user can see the pending value, We need to come up with some REST
API to show the pending values.

To solve this problem, Redfish has bios schema whch has the pending
attributes as well as the configured attributes

How about using the Redfish Bios schema for front end and Bios-settings
manager as backend to make the things simpler?

Ratan