about sensor and sel

周 远清 zhouyuanqing8 at outlook.com
Fri Nov 20 19:08:04 AEDT 2020

hello everyone,

     I looked at the phosphor-host-ipmid code and combined it with ipmi-inventory-sensors.yaml for debugging. I found that in the ipmi-inventory-sensors.yaml file, one inventory can only correspond to one offset of one sensor.
     If mine An inventory has multiple sensors, and each sensor has multiple offsets to be processed. How to deal with it?

ipmi-inventory-sensors.yaml as follow:
/xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system:
    eventReadingType: 111
    offset: 2
    sensorID: 144
    sensorType: 18
/xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/chassis/motherboard:
    eventReadingType: 3
    offset: 0
    sensorID: 140
    sensorType: 199
/xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/chassis/motherboard/cpu0:
    eventReadingType: 111
    offset: 8
    sensorID: 8
    sensorType: 7
/xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/chassis/motherboard/cpu0/core0:
    eventReadingType: 111
    offset: 8
    sensorID: 43
    sensorType: 7
/xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/chassis/motherboard/cpu0/core1:
    eventReadingType: 111
    offset: 8
    sensorID: 44
    sensorType: 7
/xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/chassis/motherboard/cpu0/core10:
    eventReadingType: 111
    offset: 8
    sensorID: 53
    sensorType: 7
/xyz/openbmc_project/inventory/system/chassis/motherboard/cpu0/core11:
    eventReadingType: 111
    offset: 8
    sensorID: 54
    sensorType: 7