SETTING UART2 AS DEFAULT SERIAL CONSOLE_AST2520 BMC BOARD

Radhika Pradeep radhika at qwaveinc.in
Mon Nov 16 19:18:53 AEDT 2020

Hi ,

We have a BMC board based on the AST2520 with UART2 set as serial
console.We are using the openbmc codebase based on ast2500 with aspeed-g5.

Since the default uart console is set to uart5 we are not able to get the
serial console output.

We just got a "mw" command used in uboot to change the register for UART5
TO IO2 routing which can only be done temporarily.

Because we have the console connected to UART2 only. So we need to get the
console output at UART2 each time the board boots up.

Could you please provide us with the information on how to change routing
permanently or the information about  the file which can be modified to
change the register values permanently to get the uart2 console output.?

Thanks and Regards,

Radhika