Redfish Message Registry

Rahul Kapoor rahulkapoor at microsoft.com
Sat Nov 14 08:21:53 AEDT 2020

Hi,

Looking at bmcweb's message registry implementation  (openbmc_message_registry.hpp) I understand that each registry entry is purpose defined for a specific system event.
I am looking for a generic registry entry (other than SELEntryAdded)  that can be used for any discrete sensor and let the message arguments specify what discrete sensor it is associated with and other details. Following is what I am thinking

MessageEntry{"DiscreteSensorAlert_1",
                 {
                     "Indicates that a discrete sensor "
                     "has critical alert condition met."
                     "Additional information in Event"
                     "data 1",
                     "%1 discrete sensor raised alarm.\n"
                     "Error=%2 \nEvent Data1=%3",
                     "Critical",
                     3,
                     {"string", "string", "number"},
                     "Check the sensor or subsystem for errors.",
                 }},
    MessageEntry{"DiscreteSensorAlert_2",
                 {
                     "Indicates that a discrete sensor "
                     "has critical alert condition met"
                     "Additional information in Event"
                     "data 1 and 2",
                     "%1 discrete sensor raised alarm.\n"
                     "Error=%2 \nEvent Data1=%3 "
                    "Event Data2=%4",
                     "Critical",
                     4,
                     {"string", "string",
                      "number","number"},
                     "Check the sensor or subsystem for errors.",
                 }},

Message id is of the form <ID>_<Event data fields>

Let me know what you think

-Rahul Kapoor