How to update static files in bmcweb(redfish/v1)

khader basha shaik shaikkhaderbasha601 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 21:54:42 AEDT 2020

Hi Team,

how to update static files in bmcweb(redfish/v1) · Issue #160 ·
openbmc/bmcweb · GitHub

I am new to openbmc and need to understand the integration of the bmcweb
static files(redfish/v1) with dbus.
My requirement is to update the static files in bmcweb with my custom
sensor.

For example, I have created a custom power sensor, which is reading through
the hwmon entry.
I can read the power metrics value using the "curl" command through the
"/xyz/openbmc/" path but no value is updated in the path "/redfish/v1".

I  have the following queries:

   1. What exactly is difference between the two paths, "/xyz/openbmc" &
   "/redfish/v1"?
   2. How can we update the custom sensor values to "/redfish/v1" path?
   Where exactly the integration is required?
   3. Does static means these files will not update through sys/hwmon
   entry? If no,, and if we can update, which file we need to modify.
   4. How to integrate hwmon sensor information in /redfish/v1/Chassis/ ?

Any help or suggestions/reference on this would be really helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
Khader B Shaik