Current master is broken

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Tue Nov 3 09:28:15 AEDT 2020

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 10:40:40PM +0100, Anton Kachalov wrote:
> Raise it up.
>
> Even with the recent checkout it is still broken even for qemutarget.
>
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 at 20:22, Anton Kachalov <rnouse at google.com> wrote:
>
> > The recent commit af5e4ef732faedf66c6dc1756432e9de2ac72988 broke the build:
> >
> > https://pastebin.com/5tTYHd68
> >
> > The do_package() step tries to chown the base-files/3.0.14-r89/package/usr
> > directory to 0:0 uid/gid
> >
> > I've tried to remove build/tmp and re-run several times. Fails with the
> > same error. If I use the previous commit
> > (36fe5df200a94e3ce82ba2dcad16c0a4127f6d46) it builds without any issues.

Hi Anton,

I don't think anyone else is observing this so that's probably why no
one responded.  I've been building pretty regularly Witherspoon and
Tiogapass and never seen this.

Is this something you're seeing with fresh builds or has your build tree
been around for a while?  The commit you pointed to was a Yocto update,
so it is certainly possible they've messed something up in certain
conditions.

Can you figure out who owns that file from your paste?  Is it your user?

--
Patrick Williams