about i2cset tool

zhouyuanqing8 at outlook.com zhouyuanqing8 at outlook.com
Tue May 19 17:40:13 AEST 2020

Hi All

    I use the i2cget to read the device data, but the i2cset did not write the data to the device, and the operation of i2cset did not report any errors.

for example:

root at starlake-bmc:/usr/sbin# i2cget 9 0x10 0x00 i 3
WARNING! This program can confuse your I2C bus, cause data loss and worse!
I will read from device file /dev/i2c-9, chip address 0x10, data address
0x00, 3 bytes using read I2C block data.
Continue? [Y/n]
3: 0x02 0x32 0xcc

root at starlake-bmc:/usr/sbin# i2cset 9 0x10 0x82 0x0101 2
WARNING! This program can confuse your I2C bus, cause data loss and worse!
I will read from device file /dev/i2c-9, chip address 0x10, data address
0x00, using read word data.

when I check the 0x82 reg,the value is not changed.

Thanks
harley