Any idea of when qemu-system-arm will be supported for https://github.com/Intel-BMC/openbmc ?

Alexander A. Filippov a.filippov at yadro.com
Mon Mar 30 20:00:18 AEDT 2020

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 05:17:37PM +0000, Bruce Mitchell wrote:
> Any idea of when qemu-system-arm will be supported for https://github.com/Intel-BMC/openbmc ?

It depends on what you want from qemu.

For example, I use qemu to check that the firmware image is bootable and works
fine:
```
qemu-system-arm -M ast2500-evb -m size=512M \
    -nographic -nodefaults -serial mon:stdio \
    -net nic,model=ftgmac100 \
    -drive file=<path-to-image-mtd>,format=raw,if=mtd
```

This way has some failures:
 - There is emulated MTD falsh drive only 32M size. As a result fit-image-b and
   u-boot-env partitions are unreadable.
 - There is no managed host. So there are not work the host power state
   management, KVM, Virtual Media and so on.

Probably there are more failures, which I have not noticed.

While writing these lines I remembered that I use qemu-system-arm, built from
source on https://github.com/openbmc/qemu.
It's important, because the qemu-system-arm from my distro is too old and this
image is not working with it.

Alexander.