Some questions about the handler of Add SEL Entry Command

Max Lai/WYHQ/Wiwynn Max_Lai at wiwynn.com
Wed Mar 25 21:04:31 AEDT 2020

Hi Tom,

Our validation team met a problem in phosphor-host-ipmid (phosphor-ipmi-host) recently. We want to use the Add SEL Entry Command handled by ipmiStorageAddSEL. We look forward to getting correct sel log with parameter we offer. But We found that the handler only use sensortype to create log entry when recordType is equal to procedureType(0xDE). Why the other parameter is ignored to create log entry ? It seemed that it did't follow the ipmi spec. There are more questions. What is the eSEL ? In function createProcedureLogEntry(), what information was stored in the eSELFile (/tmp/esel) ? And how to create the eSELFile ?

Regards,
Max Lai

This email contains confidential or legally privileged information and is for the sole use of its intended recipient.
Any unauthorized review, use, copying or distribution of this email or the content of this email is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, you may reply to the sender and should delete this e-mail immediately.