service for tracking user activity (phosphor-audit)

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Fri Mar 20 23:56:28 AEDT 2020

at 2:05 PM, Matt Spinler <mspinler at linux.ibm.com> wrote:

> On 3/19/2020 10:14 AM, Ivan Mikhaylov wrote:

>>> This would be my preference.
>>>
>>> thx - Brad
>> Who can grant me rights into this rep or to directory in it? Matt,
>> Deepak? Also,
>> phosphor-logging/phosphor-audit would be the possible place for it then.
>
> I think you mean to merge code?  You could either put up a commit to add
> your
> name to the MAINTAINERS file, or there is a gerrit plugin that we can
> somehow use
> to grant people merge access to only certain directories.

Yes, the gerrit owners plugin is installed on our instance:

https://gerrit.googlesource.com/plugins/owners/+doc/master/README.md

The missing piece for wide-scale deployment is the submit rules.  I’ve not
had time to figure these out - if someone wanted to get the first example
working on a repository that would be much appreciated.

With that said Ivan, as an alternative to this^, I think if you:

-submit your application for review
-procure reviewers for your application (_real_ reviews, not rubber stamps)
-one of the existing maintainers merges it

and _then_ submit yourself for merge authority to all of phosphor-logging I
suspect the phosphor-logging maintainers would be fine with that.