openipmi - ipmi_si driver not installing
obmc.developers at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 08:25:49 AEDT 2020
To whom it may concern,
I tried including the openipmi package in the image I built. The image is
for a system with an AST2500 (ARM core) BMC. I also included the necessary
configurations in the configuration file. dmesg shows the following:
[ 1.037509] IPMI message handler: version 39.2
[ 1.037713] ipmi device interface
[ 1.037855] ipmi_si: IPMI System Interface driver
[ 1.038289] ipmi_si: Unable to find any System Interface(s)
[ 1.038319] ipmi_ssif: IPMI SSIF Interface driver
[ 1.038569] IPMI Watchdog: driver initialized
[ 1.038597] IPMI poweroff: Copyright (C) 2004 MontaVista Software - IPMI
Powerdown via sys_reboot
[ 8.346526] systemd: /lib/systemd/system/phosphor-ipmi-net at .socket:3:
Invalid interface name, ignoring: sys-subsystem-net-devices-%i.device
The issue I'm having is "ipmi_si: Unable to find any System interface(s)".
1. Why is that module not being loaded?
2. What is the reason for that error?
3. When I do an lsmod, it returns nothing and when I check /proc/moodules,
the file is empty. Why is this and how can I fix it?
4. Also modprobe and insmod give an error when I try loading ipmi_si
manually (seen below). The folder /lib/modules does not exist for some
reason. How would I be able to include the /lib/modules folder structure in
the openbmc image?
* insmod: ERROR: could not load module ipmi_si: No such file or directory*
*modprobe: FATAL: Module ipmi_si not found in directory /lib/modules/5.4.16*
5. Is openipmi driver required for executing ipmitool commands (i.e.
ipmitool raw <commands>) on the BMC?
Thank you for your time.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the openbmc