[OpenBMC]: Unit test coverage analysis on openbmc repositories

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 05:43:42 AEDT 2020

> On Feb 28, 2020, at 9:35 AM, Lakshminarayana R Kammath <lkammath at in.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Recently we worked on pulling the UT coverage analysis from all the available OpenBMC repositories
>
> https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-build-scripts/commit/229b76a95f87af60c976a0c0dfe84716c9ce5318
>
> This script does following
> 	• Clone the repo
> 	• Use the CI build environment to build code
> 	• Publish the result in the following format
> Feedback's , views highly appreciated

Good stuff. I added this to a jenkins job which will run each day.

https://openpower.xyz/job/openbmc-unit-test-coverage/

You can then look at coverage info for your repo of interest by
clicking through the artifacts and getting to your coverage info.

For example:
https://openpower.xyz/job/openbmc-unit-test-coverage/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/openbmc-build-scripts/scripts/unit-test-meta-data/pldm/build/meson-logs/coveragereport/index.html

The job uses the following to know which repositories to check so feel
free to throw up some commits if there are missing or invalid repos:
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-build-scripts/blob/master/scripts/repositories.txt