OpenAPI for bmcweb

Richard Hanley rhanley at google.com
Tue Jun 9 03:02:46 AEST 2020

Hi all,

I recently started looking into using OpenAPI for Redfish as part of an
internal project, and I want to try using some of that work in bmcweb.

Right now the OpenAPI support for C++ doesn't mesh very well with nlohmann
and boost::beast. Assuming that we can handle the integration, what
concerns or objectections should I keep in mind?

When I brought the topic up a number of months ago, the biggest issue was
increasing the flash size usage. If a solution is made that doesn't bloat
the image, how do people feel about OpenAPI?

Any other thoughts or ideas on the topic?

Thanks,
Richard