add Node<x> as /redfish/v1/Systems/Node<x>/ for multi-node system

James Feist james.feist at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 3 02:40:03 AEST 2020

On 6/1/2020 11:39 PM, yugang.chen wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> May I have your attention? For a multi-node system,  there is an option
> for master to use name "Node<x>" as ​{ComputerSystemId} to stand for
> slave node, to show slave node's event log in master redfish,
>
> Could you please share your comment/idea for naming ("Node<x>")? thanks.

Has there been any design docs for multiple systems in Redfish? This is
much bigger than just adding support for multiple logs, this is adding
support for multiple Systems interfaces, and many things need to be
considered such as the mapping of multiple CPUs, Memory, logs, and how
this fits into the inventory picture. On IRC a while back we had
discussed making the systems schema based on associations to different
systems interfaces, and I believe a design was going to be written on
this topic by Deepak. The name should probably come from the Systems
interfaces that are provided. I'm not sure why we would need to hardcode
these. How these interfaces get created, and what they map to, needs to
be discussed.