OpenBMC : FRU Inventory management

Vasant Patil vasantp at nvidia.com
Thu Jul 30 13:07:34 AEST 2020

Hi Team,

We are enabling OpenBMC on x86 system. We would like to know the recommendation on FRU inventory management and corresponding pointers.
There seems to be multiple options available

  1.  described in  "Adding new system to OpenBMC<https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/development/add-new-system.md>" with  Yaml files (meta-romulus/recipes-phosphor/ipmi<https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/tree/master/meta-ibm/meta-romulus/recipes-phosphor/ipmi>)
  2.  Entity manager <https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager>  with JSON schema

We are looking to enable below inventory (Both FRU and non-FRU):

  *   CPU
  *   DIMM
  *   M.2
  *   U.2