how to change debug uart from uart5 to uart1 on ast2500 romulus?

不语 junhengdi at 163.com
Fri Jul 24 17:43:09 AEST 2020

Dear openbmcer,

 Thank you for your quick reply.

 My code is based on openbmc meta-ibm/meta-romulus.I think it is similar to ast2500.evb. I tried to change debug console uart5(ttl) to uart1(rs232) on uboot and kernel linux.

 I read the ast2500 manual,find we can set Hardware Strap gpio or Hardware Strap register bit29 to changedebug console between uart5 and uart1 but not effective.

 I also tried these:

 (1) modify CONFIG_BOOTARGS to "console=ttyS0,115200n8 root=/dev/ram rw" on uboot ast-g5.c

 (2) modify stdout-path = &uart1; bootargs = "console=ttyS0,115200 earlyprintk";  on kernel aspeed-bmc-opp-romulus.dts

 Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

JunHeng