Redfish HealthRollup/LED question

Deepak Kodihalli dkodihal at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jul 14 21:44:07 AEST 2020

Hi James/Gunnar,

On IBM platforms, a fault indicator LED associated with a FRU can
indicate the "Health Rollup" status of the FRU. For eg a CPU can be
healthy, but something contained within (eg a core) may be broken, so
the LED will be turned on. I think the Redfish HealthRollup property is
conceptually similar.

Question is - do you see a problem if we add code in bmcweb that sets
the HealthRollup property for a FRU if an associated LED is turned on? I
believe this is aligned with
https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/designs/redfish-health-rolllup.md
(no new D-Bus objects/interfaces being added, etc). On IBM platforms, a
D-Bus association might exist between the FRU and the LED, and setting
the HealthRollup property will be based on this. If the said association
is missing on other platforms, the code will not do anything.

Thanks,
Deepak