Feedback on Current OpenBMC and Proposing Some Improvements ---- "Improvements" Ideas

Alex Qiu xqiu at google.com
Fri Jul 10 02:13:04 AEST 2020

Thank you, Ed!

Hi Brad,

Last time we checked with the maintainer Guenter Roeck
<linux at roeck-us.net>, I remembered that he suggested we could add
these controls in debugfs. Feel free to reach out to him and see if
anything new is coming up.

On the other hand, my solution to this of the proposals in these email
series is to create a wrapper library around I2C devices and hwmon. We
can continue to have the benefit of hwmon to take care of the reading
tasks, and we can also lock all the I2C access at this level and issue
raw I2C commands as needed without worrying races between I2C
transactions. However, we need to ensure that no other applications
are sneaking below this library and interacting with hwmon sysfs.

Thanks!

- Alex Qiu