Weird build dependency issue causing missing symbols

Bills, Jason M jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com
Fri Jul 3 08:52:52 AEST 2020

On 7/2/2020 2:42 PM, Patrick Williams wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 02, 2020 at 04:33:28PM -0500, Patrick Williams wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 02, 2020 at 12:58:43PM -0700, Bills, Jason M wrote:
>>> We have narrowed this down to being caused by two separate issues:
>>> 1. When phosphor-dbus-interfaces is rebuilt it will sometimes change the
>>> order of the PropertiesVariant in server.hpp.
>>
>> This sounds like a bug in sdbus++.  We should be sorting the variant
>> parameters or issuing them in array order.  I'll look into it.
>
> sdbus++: server: fix PropertyVariant order
> https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/sdbusplus/+/34344

Thanks for the quick response!  I tested this change with tainting and
cleaning phosphor-dbus-interfaces.  It still shows this diff after the
clean build, but I don't know what is different and it doesn't trigger
the symbol error:
./tmp/sysroots-components/arm1176jzs/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/usr/include/xyz/openbmc_project/Led/Physical/server.hpp
67d66
<                 uint8_t,
68a68
 >                 uint8_t,