Using a struct[enum] as an sdbusplus D-Bus method arg?

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Wed Jan 29 14:07:42 AEDT 2020

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 11:41:17AM -0600, Patrick Williams wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 12:59:26PM -0600, Matt Spinler wrote:
> This needs a pretty simple refactoring to rename the
> convert<enum>FromString function to a template function.
>
> --
> Patrick Williams

This probably wasn't as simple as I lead on with this previous email,
but patches are up for sdbusplus ending with this change:
    Ib142482de90572e1bda2f3658f6aeec201c043de

https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/sdbusplus/+/28859

With this commit sequence you should be able to read / write any
container with sdbusplus-enums in it with the message::read / append
functions, which as a side-effect means the generated classes no
longer need all the conversion hoops they use to jump through.

--
Patrick Williams